From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-29 10:59:09

Christoph Lutz <clu_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile and link the Boost Python Libs as shared
> libraries on AIX 4.3. I've played a bit with 'gen_aix_import_file.py'
> but without a good result.
>
> Has anyone ever done it and has some hints for me?
>
> I'm using:
>
> AIX 4.3
> GNU gcc 3.2.3
> Python 2.2.3
> Boost 1.30.2
> The native AIX ld and as

Ah. Well, I did it with KCC on AIX, long ago. gen_aix_import_file.py
should be invoked automatically by the build system. Are you using
Boost.Build(if not, I can't help you; I solved the AIX problems once
with Boost.Build and encoded that knowledge there -- I don't want to
do it again)? If so, please tell me what specific errors you're
seeing.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting