From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-11 04:51:57
I'm pleased to announce that the next milestone release of Boost.Build V2 is
for online docs (a copy is included in distribution).
Changes in this release:
- Performance was improved.
- Support for Sun and Darwin toolsets was added.
- <tag> feature, which changes the name of target depending of build
variant, was implemented.
- Old-style targets-ids are no longer supported.
- New 'glob' rule allows to easily perform wildcard matching in Jamfile.
- Improve bison/flex support to understand C++.
The following bugs were fixed:
- bogus error on use of project default-build attribute with several
main target alternatives.
- broken toolset inheritance
- hard error after skipping a target due to incompatible requirements
- incorrect behaviour of a generator when producing several targets of
the same type
- errors on use of the 'project-root' rule in Jamfile context
- inability to require specific compiler version for a main target.
- incorrect behaviour of "bjam msvc" when msvc is configured with explicit
Thanks to Christopher Currie, Pedro Ferreira and Michael Stevens, who
contributed to this release.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk