From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-15 10:37:23

Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Boosters,
>
> In the process of making changes for the cross-project support to the
> regression html generation programs I decided to do some visual
> re-arrangement of the compiler status regression tables. Because those
> tables are somewhat of a sensitive subject, with respect to expectations and
> reliance on the generated format, Beman suggested that I give people a
> chance for feedback. And a chance to possibly adjust the output if some
> specific format is needed.
>
> You can look at a sample of the new output at:
> http://boost.sourceforge.net/tmp/cs-Linux.html
> Also the changes to boost-root/tools/regression/compiler_status.cpp are
> available on a branch (alternative_regression).
>
> The goal of the changes was to provide for easier human reading, and to
> allow for some of platforms that have many compilers. Comments, bugs, and
> additional ideas are welcome :-)

Nice. My biggest complaint with the current format is that when
you're deep in the list looking at a particular test's results, it's
hard to see what compiler you're looking at. Why not embed fly-over
hints which show the compiler (at least on popular browsers)?
Another possibility is repeating the compiler legend at intervals,
though that might become oppressive.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting