From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-16 01:58:49

auto_link looks good but I tripped on this because it needs a prior

#include <boost/config.hpp> // for BOOST_MSVC definition

and the "not all defined" clause does not contain a #error message to give some
clue that no #pragma ... is going to happen :-(

but looks promising otherwise.

I am also unclear if you are suggesting a 'standard' location for the library
file(s)

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\lib aka

$(VCInstallDir)lib

Also I got a file rather strangely called:

libUnit_test_library_vc71_ssd.lib

Starting with lib_ rather than lib might be more readable?

BOOST_LIB_PREFIX: "lib" for static libraries otherwise ""

I don't see why static libraries are prefixed? MS convention?

Thanks

Paul

Paul A Bristow, Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 8AB UK
+44 1539 561830 Mobile +44 7714 33 02 04
mailto:pbristow_at_[hidden]