From: Jason House (jhouse_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-18 21:10:07

The issues raised for compile-time operation seem valid to me. Is the
need to check at compile-time instead of runtime really a valid point?
If it adds time to the program *every* time it is run, but only needs to
get more slowly compiled once, what's the big issue?

Please note: this is intended to bring some flame-ish e-mails to me.
I'm trying to put together a paper that discusses compiler limitations
and I am looking for quotes to use from experienced developers. I can't
speak authoritatively from my experience, so I want to hear the words of
others :)

Also, I liked the quote below. Where does it come from? Can I use it
in my paper?