From: Rozental, Gennadiy (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-22 08:59:25

> Hello Boosters. I am looking into the boost.test library for insights.
> In particular I like the boost::execution_monitor idea. However, I found
> that on Windows + VC execution_monitor implementation uses
> _set_se_translator() to translate native exceptions (SEHs) into C++
> exceptions

It was discussed couple times in the list; you may found interesting
information in search. Here approximately how it stands now:

execution_monitor::execute has a parameter catch_system_error. If
catch_system_error is off execution_monitor installs translator that is
using the technique described in Dave A. article (and catch(...) later on in
the code does not intersept). If catch_system_error is on execution_monitor
installs translator that reports an error and throws an special exception
signalling fatal error. Boost.Test translates this exception and invokes
fatal error procedures (main part is to show a test results report).

Could you, please, explain again what and how you propose to enhance.

> I hope that execution_monitor could be used beyond (unit) testing.

It was intended this way.

Gennadiy.