From: Misha Bergal (mbergal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-23 02:20:45

"Mat Marcus" <mat-boost_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> I read through the archives for awhile and did some tests with bjam
> trying to build boost with the latest Comeau compiler (433b8) with VC
> 7.1 back end. I tried "-sTOOLS=como" and "-sTOOLS=como-win32". The
> former didn't work at all (bad option -OO) and the latter produced
> quite a few errors in regex, signals, data, etc. What I'd really like
> to do is build for como43x/VC7.1 under cygwin, but I'd settle for it
> working under the NT shell. Before I spend much more time on this I
> wanted to ask if anyone has already succeeded at it. In particular,
> the metacomm regression results seem quite a bit better than what I am
> getting. Any advice?

Mat,

We are using 4.3.2beta and our own local toolsets. See
http://tinyurl.com/obj0 (patch to como-win32-tools.jam) and
//tinyurl.com/obos extension toolset
You will have to apply como-win32-tools.jam.diff patch to file
como-win32-tools.jam
in your tools/build directory and just copy meta-como-4.3.2b-vc7-tools.jam
to tools/build.

Invoking bjam -sTOOLS=meta-como-4.3.2b-vc7 should give you what you want.

4.3.3b8 has a bug in como.exe which prevents it from successfully building
most of
the boost. I am working with Boost.Build people and Greg Comeau on that,
and I think it is going to be resolved Very Soon Now.

--
Misha Bergal
MetaCommunications Engineering