From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-24 08:44:52
The review of Philippe Bouchard's shifted_ptr library begins now and runs
through Tuesday, September 30.
Here is a short introduction to the library (from the documentation):
"The purpose of this smart pointer is mainly to allocate the reference counter
(or owner) and the object itself at the same time so that dynamic memory
management is simplified thus accelerated and cheaper on the memory map. This
allows the use of reference counts with garbage collection. "
When reviewing the library, please remember to include:
* What is your evaluation of the design?
* What is your evaluation of the implementation?
* What is your evaluation of the documentation?
* What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
* Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
* How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
reading? In-depth study?
* Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
And finally, every review should answer this question:
* Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library? Be sure
to say this explicitly so that your other comments don't obscure your overall
You can download the library submission here:
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk