From: Alexander Terekhov (terekhov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-30 04:16:46

Alan.Griffiths_at_[hidden] wrote:

> [...]

Raising SEH exception (or signal) is clearly a *side effect* (that
isn't "covered" by the C/C++ standard... unless it comes "on top"
of accessing an object designated by a volatile lvalue or modifying
an object, "calling a library I/O function, or calling a function
that does any of those operations" aside for a moment). As such,
implementations are indeed kinda constrained in what they can do
with respect to reordering of operations that can raise SEH or
synchronous signals (unless they can prove that reordering doesn't
impact "handling")

> Anyway, I've never seen any MS documentation that would support this belief.
> (And a quick search of MSDN doesn't return any promising hits.) Do you have
> a reference?

Nope. But I'd consider it simply "a bug" if they don't do it right.

http://www.google.com/groups?th=f98e4fa7052aa25b