From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-30 20:14:08

At 06:16 AM 9/30/2003, John Maddock wrote:

>> It doesn't meet the POSIX standard for portable file names because of
the
>> '+' characters.
>
>Darn, I guess we shouldn't have it in Boost then,

We probably need to look at other names, too. As I start to put more time
into getting a release ready, I'll look at the inspect programs to make
sure they report non-portable directory and file names.

>... I've also discovered your
>replacable name checking code now, so for now I've disabled all name
>checking in the bcp utility (since it only deals with files that already
>exist).

Yes, that's one of the prime cases where turning off name checking is
useful. However, I keep running into situations where leaving it on turns
up problems in names which were supposed to be portable.

--Beman