From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-01 10:22:30

Samuel Krempp wrote:

> Gcc 3.3 that I have is not happy with some things in demo.cpp. I attach a
> patch which corrects the problems.
>
>m going to have a try with the serialization library draft on gcc 3.2 and
>3.3 soon.

>Is there an updated version available somewhere ? it seems several fixes
>were applied, I'd rather work on the latest state of the draft. Couldn't
>this draft be placed inside Boost's sandbox CVS ?

I hope to be uploading draft #13 next week. I don't have update access
to the sandbox nor development CVS. I don't use the sandbox on my
development machine so I don't know whether or not this would be
convenient. Even using the development tree I have a little difficulty
keeping up.

>BTW, From what I've seen, I think I'll like it. I appreciate the comfort and
>flexibility provided by the template approach with one single serialisation
>function per class, which is similar to that of Jens Maurer's old
'>persistence' draft (which I've been using as a base for my simple
>personnal serialization needs).

"similar" doesn't do Jens draft justice. I lifted that idea in toto
from his system. I probably would have done it much sooner but
it wasn't obvious to me from the documentation how it was intended
to be used. Then I had the problem of overriding it which lead
to the "split" facitly which should satisfy everyone .

Robert Ramey