From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-09 09:05:55

Russell Hind <rhind_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> With spirit shipped with 1.30.2 of boost, I've had to modify
>
> boost/spirit/pheonix/closures.hpp line 238 to
>
> impl::closure_frame_holder<closure_frame<ClosureT> >& frame;
>
> from
>
> impl::closure_frame_holder<closure_frame>& frame;
>
> to use the spirit library
>
> This seems to be a regression from 1.30.0

Thanks for spotting that. It's legal code, but BCC does not like it.
Anyway, I fixed it in the CVSes.

The truth is, I'm not sure how much longer I can support BCC. I would
be very grateful if someone in the community can help out with BCC
compatibility for Spirit. I've tried my best to make BCC happy with
Spirit in the past, but that was limited to 5.5.1. I do not have 5.6.4, which,
I was informed has its own set of quirks.

The same is true with VC6/7. I would be very grateful if someone in the
community can help out with VC6/7 compatibility. Right now, I am
inclined to discontinue support for VC6/7 since VC7.1 came out. Yet,
I am aware that some people are still stuck with VC6/7.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com