From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-09 11:19:25

Joel de Guzman wrote:

> The truth is, I'm not sure how much longer I can support BCC. I would
> be very grateful if someone in the community can help out with BCC
> compatibility for Spirit. I've tried my best to make BCC happy with
> Spirit in the past, but that was limited to 5.5.1. I do not have 5.6.4, which,
> I was informed has its own set of quirks.

I'm running bcc 5.6.4 (through BCB6) and will be continuing to use
spirit for the forseeable future with it, but I'm ony using it for a
simple XML parser (basically the same as the example simple xml parser)
so probably don't push spirit too hard.

I've just tried to run the regression tests. Have had to modify:

spirit\tree\common.hpp line 98 (for same reason as closure_frame) to

         tree_node<T>(rhs).swap(*this);

Have had to modify bug_000008.cpp line 102-106 to

     boost::thread t1(&in_thread);
     boost::thread t2(&in_thread);
     boost::thread t3(&in_thread);
     boost::thread t4(&in_thread);

because 5.6.4 doesn't like it when you don't have the & for functions.

These still fail to compile:
bug_000006.cpp
chset_tests.cpp
sf_bug_720917.cpp

Unfortunately I don't have much knowledge with the regression test.
Does it generate a summary somewhere? I ran

bjam -sTOOLS=borland --dump-tests test >bjam.log 2>&1

from

libs\spirit\test.

I don't have much time to spend on this at the mo, but if you think I
can be of more help, then feel free to e-mail me.

Thanks

Russell