From: Jaakko Jarvi (jajarvi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-13 09:43:55

In our last exciting episode David Abrahams wrote:

> "Fredrik Blomqvist" <fredrik_blomqvist_at_[hidden]> writes:

> > I'd say this "must" be Petter Urkedal and his 'more' library available at:
> > http://more.sourceforge.net/
> > There's a (broken) link to his old page in the boost::bind docs also.

> 'Fraid it was someone else. I don't see any SFINAE-related
> innovations on his site, either.

It was Martin Buchholz.

His home page:

http://m17n.org/martin/

In adddition to a lot of other cool C++ stuff,
there's a link

"Constraints for Function Template Parameters in C++"

to his enable_if-like approach.

In addition to Howard's description of the enable_if history, many
others, including Rani Sharoni, Richard Smith, Jason Shirk, had realized
that the SFINAE rule, which is the backbone of enable_if, could be used to implement various traits
classes (is_enum, is_class, ...) before enable_if existed.

  Cheers, Jaakko