From: Martin Buchholz (martin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-30 23:57:22

J> In our last exciting episode David Abrahams wrote:

>> "Fredrik Blomqvist" <fredrik_blomqvist_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> > I'd say this "must" be Petter Urkedal and his 'more' library available at:
>> > http://more.sourceforge.net/
>> > There's a (broken) link to his old page in the boost::bind docs also.

>> 'Fraid it was someone else. I don't see any SFINAE-related
>> innovations on his site, either.

J> It was Martin Buchholz.

Jaakko, thanks for remembering. After I wrote that web page, I got a
Java job, and have been kept busy trying to fix Java. I still take an
interest in the C++ community, and still believe further exploration
of the "smart reference" idea I advocate at http://m17n.org/martin/
would be useful.

J> His home page:

J> http://m17n.org/martin/

J> In adddition to a lot of other cool C++ stuff,
J> there's a link

J> "Constraints for Function Template Parameters in C++"

J> to his enable_if-like approach.

J> In addition to Howard's description of the enable_if history, many
J> others, including Rani Sharoni, Richard Smith, Jason Shirk, had realized
J> that the SFINAE rule, which is the backbone of enable_if, could be used to implement various traits
J> classes (is_enum, is_class, ...) before enable_if existed.

J> Cheers, Jaakko

Martin Buchholz