From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-18 16:23:50

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:59:37 +0200, Wynand Winterbach wrote
> There is a myriad of socket frameworks in the members area.
> Are any of them stable and usable?
> I really don't feel like going through each and every one.
> Any recommendations?

The latest version is in the Sandbox. There was lots of discussion on the
Wiki awhile back, but things seem to have died down.

http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?BoostSocket

Anyway, it hasn't been reviewed so I don't know where it is going at this
point...

> I have tried the CommonCPP sockets, but I find them somewhat
> unsatisfactory. Also, I thought socket++ was worthwhile, but
> it just didn't work too well in the end.

ACE (http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html) is the big one here, but it
is overkill for simple applications.

Jeff