From: Wynand Winterbach (wynand_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-19 06:14:34

I think I'll go for ACE. It has a very nice design from the big I've seen.
I suppose the only thing that mildly puts me off is the fact that the
design looks too OO :) Ok, I suppose I can't say that. If it works well,
then it does its job. I just have a natural aversion to anything that
looks as if it came out of a Java implementation, which is completely
irrational and unreasonable, but then again, languages are a sort of
religion to coders!

Anyhow, ACE looks as if it's easy enough to get to grips with for
what I need.

It's a shame that the boost sockets excitement has died down. It would
make a very worthy contribution. Also, with regards to my preference
for non-javaish code, I really like the STL like paradigm, and a
sockets library that would fit the bill would be heaven sent.

--Wynand