Boost logo

Boost :

From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-22 11:38:32

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 11:02:24AM -0400, Beman Dawes wrote:
> The C++ committee meeting is next week in Kona, Hawaii, so there won't be a
> lot of visible progress on 1.31.0. The "win32" regression tests won't be
> run, but hopefully the "win32_metacomm" tests will still be available.
> Starting November 3rd, I'm planning to work on 1.31.0 more or less
> full-time until it is complete.
> I'd like to freeze the main trunk for major library changes as soon as
> possible. Does anyone have any major library changes pending that they want
> to get into 1.31.0? Can these be done by November 3rd?
> There are a couple of libraries (Iterator adaptors, Random numbers) that
> are awaiting documentation updates, IIRC. It would be helpful if those
> documentation updates are complete by the 17th of November.
> Likewise, November 17th seems like a reasonable target for finishing minor
> library tweaks, patches, fixes, and testing.
> The plan for this release is to produce a full release candidate directory
> tree, and have it available (at or similar) for
> inspection prior to the actual release.
> Comments?

Just one. In the case, that the string_algo will actualy be accepted to boost,
I will not have enough time to address all the issues from the review.

Would it be possible to postpone the relase for a week of two, so I can fix most
important deficienties?

This is important only in case, that there will be enough interest from boosters,
to include this library in this release and of cause, if the library gets accepted.



Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at