From: Brock Peabody (brock.peabody_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-23 14:02:48

I'm just starting to dig into lambda. I really like the control structures,
but they seem to have one big weakness in that they can't be chained or
curried. What if the control structure functions didn't immediately
execute, but instead returned function objects? It would add a little to
the regular syntax:

   while_loop(condition, body) -> while_loop(condition, body)();

but would allow users to do cool things like:

   if_then (condition, while_loop(another_condition, body));

Or maybe there could be a different syntax:

   if_then (condition, quote_while_loop(another_condition, body));

Or is this already possible and I'm missing something?

Maybe this is more for FC++, although IMHO if FC++ is accepted it should be
combined with boost::lambda (and bind).

Brock