From: Powell, Gary (powellg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-23 18:52:47

Brock > Sorry! I did read the docs, but I completely misunderstood:

Brock >"BLL defines several functions to create lambda functors that represent
Brock >control structures. They all take lambda functors as parameters and return
Brock >void"

Brock >To mean that the functions themselves returned void.

Right, what is the return type of the execution of a for_loop? Why "void" so you can't assign the result of a for loop to a lambda variable.

  Makes No sense: _1 = for_loop(,,,)

BTW: lambda works with boost::function! You can build a lambda statement and store it in a boost:function! Pretty cool eh? You have Doug G. to thank for that.

   -Gary-