From: Brian McNamara (lorgon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-23 22:25:00

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 11:07:34PM -0400, David Abrahams wrote:
> Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> writes:
> > 3. I'll gladly add ASAP, in which case; Is "unused_variable" a reasonable
> > name?
>
> Reasonable, though "no_unused_warning" might be more self-documenting.

Everyone has opinions about names, so I'll share mine.

I think something long like

   disable_unused_variable_warning

is better.

In fact, I don't know if there are other types of warnings people try to
disable with code-tricks like these, but it might even make sense to
make it be

   disable_warning::unused_variable

Even if this is the only such entity, I kinda like the way the code
reads with the "::" in it. In general, anything in the
"disable_warning" namespace would be "code with no effect" stuff like
this example.

--
-Brian McNamara (lorgon_at_[hidden])