From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-27 05:02:07

I have several more questions to the current implementation of the auto
linking:

1. BOOST_LIB_NAME should be in quotes.
Why? First of all it was not clear from the description and in a first run I
got very unclear warning instead what should it be. And second of all why
can't this header add them if not present?

2. lib prefix
What is a rationale for lib prefix for static libraries? First of all of
looks excessive since suffix is lib anyway. Second - dll is also library and
finally why not use suffix schema similar to other options

3. boost prefix
Why couldn't this header add the boost prefix itself. After all it seems
that there was an agreement that all the libraries should begin with boost?

4. Toolset usage
Now finally how should I define my toolset to select proper name of the
library depends on all these options. Shouldn't we have similar "shortcut"
in boost build that just allow me to say: link regex library and proper name
will be chosen automatically?

Gennadiy.