From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-29 05:31:48

<cppljevans_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> On 10/28/2003 05:31 PM, cppljevans_at_[hidden] wrote:
> [...]
> Replace
> class P1, class P2, class P3, class P4
> with
> BOOST_SMART_POINTER_PARAMETERS
> and the g++ -E output looks OK.

Really? I haven't tried the legacy interface in probably over a
year. If you want to help bring that up to speed, I'd really
appreciate it. Unless, of course, nobody is actually going to
use it. ;>

> OK. I again looked at smart_ptr.hpp and noted that
> smart_ptr template just had class template parameters
> and no template template parameters; yet, boost_policies.hpp
> (shared_storage) is a template. Are you planning on making
> the parameters templates or leaving them as classes?

Right now, if you use the policy adaptor interface, you have
specify the MPL lambda argument for policies. So you
would do this:

smart_ptr<my_type, array_storage<_> > p;

However, I will be adding metafunction classes which will
eliminate this step, allowing the same end-user syntax as
the template template interface:

smart_ptr<my_type, array_storage> p;

I just haven't had the time to put those in yet. I would have
done it earlier, but I wrestled with the naming for a while.

Dave

---