From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-29 14:03:32

<cppljevans_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > [...]
> > However, I will be adding metafunction classes which will
> > eliminate this step, allowing the same end-user syntax as
> > the template template interface:
> >
> > smart_ptr<my_type, array_storage> p;
> >
> So somehow this allows specifying parameters in any order, i.e.
> I could specify the storage policy first and ownership last?

Yes, exactly. I wanted to address the criticism that it's too
awkward to specify one non-default policy if it isn't the first one.
The adaptor doesn't detect things like multiple ownership policies,
so you are at the mercy of whatever MPL does in those instances
(I think you will end up with the first one specified). I will probably
add that kind of checking later, but for now there are bigger fish to
fry. Of course, any policies not specified become the classic
Loki defaults.

Dave

---