From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-30 10:24:20

Vladimir Prus wrote:

> I'm asking because I just had a strange error: serialization lib asserted
> in some place. It turned out that I was reading from an incorrect position
> in a stream. If there were a signature and iarchive checked for this
> signature, the bug would be diagnosed much faster.

It turns out, there's a much bigger problem. If I run

    http://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/binary.cpp

I get:
binary: /home/ghost/Work/boost/boost/archive/basic_binary_iarchive.hpp:151:
void boost::archive::basic_binary_iarchive<IStream>::read_binary(void*,
unsigned int) [with IStream = std::istream]: Assertion `count ==
static_cast<size_t>(is.gcount())' failed.
Aborted

This happends both with g++ 3.3 and 3.2. Robert, do you have any idea what's
wrong? Does this program work for you?

- Volodya