From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-30 10:47:42

"Vladimir Prus" <ghost_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>
> > I'm asking because I just had a strange error: serialization lib
asserted
> > in some place. It turned out that I was reading from an incorrect
position
> > in a stream. If there were a signature and iarchive checked for this
> > signature, the bug would be diagnosed much faster.
>
> It turns out, there's a much bigger problem. If I run
>
> http://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/binary.cpp
>
> I get:
> binary:
/home/ghost/Work/boost/boost/archive/basic_binary_iarchive.hpp:151:
> void boost::archive::basic_binary_iarchive<IStream>::read_binary(void*,
> unsigned int) [with IStream = std::istream]: Assertion `count ==
> static_cast<size_t>(is.gcount())' failed.
> Aborted
>
> This happends both with g++ 3.3 and 3.2. Robert, do you have any idea
what's
> wrong? Does this program work for you?

I've had similar problems with binary_archive. The archive is saved w/out
error, but crashes when reading it back in. When I've compared binary to
text archives, I see there is some header information missing from the
binary_archive. I was going to edit in the binary equivalent of the text
header info and see if the binary is then loadable. Alas, the MS hex editor
doesn't allow entry of non ascii bytes, and I got distracted by other
issues.

Jeff Flinn
Applied Dynamics, International