From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-30 13:25:48

Hi Vladimir

Vladimir Prus ha escrito:

> Yea, nice, except that I probably don't want to add typedefs to a class for
> the sake of one client. The idea that member<> can be used as tag is really
> nice.

A real boon would be the possibility to have string literals as template
parameters, so that one could write:

non_unique<tag<"name">,member<employee,std::string,&employee::name> >

but this is daydreaming AFAIK.
BTW, tags are optional, you can use numbers if you like it better.

> BTW, I'm not sure this namespace name is good idea. After I wrote
> "indexed_set" in header name, I'm very likely to type "indexed_set" in
> namespace name. Maybe, it the file really provides more than one
> indexed_set, the name can be tweaked?

First time this issue arose (that I know of) was in Boost.Tuple,
which uses namespace boost::tuples instead of the expected
boost::tuple, for the same reasons as here. If someone finally
finds a way out of this problem, I'd gladly drop the 's'.

I don't understand what you say about the file providing
more than one indexed_set. Care to explain?

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo