From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-02 04:15:29

On 10/29/03 6:15 AM, "Martin Wille" <mw8329_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Boost.CRC's crc_test regresses for gcc-3.1 and gcc-3.2.3 on Linux.
>
> The same regressions were fixed for the 1.30.2 release. However, the fixes
> didn't make it into the trunc.

I tried merging for the first time. I (hopefully) put the changes from the
1.30.2 version of <boost/crc.hpp> into the current CVS version. Can one of
the administrators check that the change made it in?

I couldn't compile the CRC test or example files with my GCC (the custom
gcc-3.1 Apple uses for Mac OS X 10.2). Applying the change did little
difference. The error from the example stayed the same. However, the extra
errors in the test went away. (The errors in the test file that were
similar to the one in the example file remained. The compiler is having a
missing link error; the CRC table from a detail base class isn't being
created.) Maybe the regression computers will fare better.

Daryle