From: Mat Marcus (mat-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-05 13:41:57

--On Wednesday, November 05, 2003 11:44 AM -0600 "David B. Held"
<dheld_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[snip]

> I was under the impression that the TR was for library proposals,
> and once it was closed, that's it for this version of C++. But
> now you're saying that there's other things going on, so an
> overview of where things go now would be nice.

The TR is essentially a set of library proposals that are
implementable against C++ 98/03. The TR is now closed. But we are also
working hard at extending C++. The result of this effort will become
C++ 200x (2007/8?). In C++ '0x there will be core language extensions
(Maybe, concepts, template aliases, variadic templates, etc.) in
addition to library enhancements. This page has some links discussing
the scope of the TR. There will probably be more information about the
evolution activities in the post Kona mailing.

 - Mat