From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-07 00:05:56

[2003-11-06] Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

>> There is already an install rule in libs/test/build/Jamfile that will
work
>> if you do a:
>>
>> bjam stage
>>
>> or
>>
>> bjam install
>>
>> from boost-root.
>>
>> I've also attached a modified version of your Jamfile that will put
>> correctly named libs in boost-root/stage/lib if you invoke it from
>> libs/test/build.
>>

>Here is jornal of my attempts to build Boost.Test examples using auto-link
>feature:
>
>1. Copied you Jamfile into .../test/build directory
>2. run bjam ... in .../test/example directory - got linker errors caused by
>missing new libs names.
>3. run bjam ... install in .../test/build directory - got "Don't know how
>build install"

The "install" target is only available at boost-root.

>4. run bjam ... stage in .../test/build directory - got "Couldn't create
>directory D:\Source" from command

> mkdir D:\Source Files\boost\stage\lib

That one looks like a bug. It's supposed to have quotes around the name.
Which I just fixed ;-) (..v1/allyourbase.jam)

>Any suggestions?

Get v1/allyourbase.jam and try #4 again.

#2 seems to be working, except that it most likely is building libraries
with the non-tagged names. Try adding the:

    common-stage-tag
    <tag><postfix>-$(version-tag)

..to the dll and/or lib targets themselves.

HTH.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera (at) acm.org - grafik (at) redshift-software.com
-- 102708583 (at) icq