From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-06 23:06:46
> There is already an install rule in libs/test/build/Jamfile that will work
> if you do a:
> bjam stage
> bjam install
> from boost-root.
> I've also attached a modified version of your Jamfile that will put
> correctly named libs in boost-root/stage/lib if you invoke it from
Here is jornal of my attempts to build Boost.Test examples using auto-link
1. Copied you Jamfile into .../test/build directory
2. run bjam ... in .../test/example directory - got linker errors caused by
missing new libs names.
3. run bjam ... install in .../test/build directory - got "Don't know how to
4. run bjam ... stage in .../test/build directory - got "Couldn't create
directory D:\Source" from command
mkdir D:\Source Files\boost\stage\lib
5. Created above directory manualy and repeated command from p.4. Got
"Invalid command syntax" from all commands
copy ......\libboost......lib D:\Source Files\boost\stage\lib
6. Copied all files manually. Went to examples directory and tried build
again with same result.
So, I am still unable to build examples using auto linking.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk