From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-06 23:06:46

> There is already an install rule in libs/test/build/Jamfile that will work
> if you do a:
>
> bjam stage
>
> or
>
> bjam install
>
> from boost-root.
>
> I've also attached a modified version of your Jamfile that will put
> correctly named libs in boost-root/stage/lib if you invoke it from
> libs/test/build.

Here is jornal of my attempts to build Boost.Test examples using auto-link
feature:

1. Copied you Jamfile into .../test/build directory
2. run bjam ... in .../test/example directory - got linker errors caused by
missing new libs names.
3. run bjam ... install in .../test/build directory - got "Don't know how to
build install"
4. run bjam ... stage in .../test/build directory - got "Couldn't create
directory D:\Source" from command
  mkdir D:\Source Files\boost\stage\lib
5. Created above directory manualy and repeated command from p.4. Got
"Invalid command syntax" from all commands
    copy ......\libboost......lib D:\Source Files\boost\stage\lib
6. Copied all files manually. Went to examples directory and tried build
again with same result.

So, I am still unable to build examples using auto linking.

Any suggestions?

Gennadiy.