From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-07 04:30:24

<cppljevans_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> [...]
> the reason for the "does nothing" in my previous post is
> clearer.

It's not any clearer to me. ;) However, I'm pretty sure what that
code is doing is manually passing information to MPL
because the compilers which don't support full lambda
won't deduce everything that can be deduced. Since gcc 3
is fairly conforming, it supports lambda pretty well. That's
why I said it has to do with bcc and other older compilers.

> In view of the trouble I'm having with this, I think I'll just
> use a simplified version of smart_ptr and wait for your
> final version of smart_ptr before trying to merge
> refcycle_counted with policy_ptr/smart_ptr.

Ok. If I have time to look at your code this weekend, I will;
but I'm really really busy for the next several days.

Dave

---