From: SourceForge.net (noreply_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-12 07:08:18

Bugs item #840659, was opened at 2003-11-12 04:08
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=107586&aid=840659&group_id=7586

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
bjam fails to process archive members with long names
(longer than 15 characters): it always reports them as
missing (and, as a consequence, always rebuilds).

OS: Windows NT
Toolset: MinGW
AR version: GNU ar 2.13
bjam version: 3.1.7

As far as i understand, it happens because this version
of AR appends '\n' to the end of long file names in .a
file's string table. (I don't know if the same problem
exists in other toolsets/versions.)

I've attached a diff for a fix that works for me. I believe
it should not break anything.