From: Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-13 17:45:18

--- "Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve" <rwgk_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> --- "Rozental, Gennadiy" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > > What version is your compiler (CC -version)?
> > > Could you show the full command line that leads to the error? Ralf
> >

> > Look here:
> > http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-IRIX64.html
> >
> > Test run under IRIX 6.5
> > MIPSpro compiler 7.4
>
> I am not familiar with this compiler, but this could be a problem:
>
> "-I/disk2/home/tk/boost_regression/boost/boost/compatibility/cpp_c_headers"
>
> This was tested only with MIPSpro 7.3.1. I'd hope that the new compiler
> provides the C++ C headers (e.g. <cctype>) by default. If that's the case
> you'd
> have to omit the include path. If the headers are still missing it could well
> be that we have to adjust the boost/compatibility/cpp_c_headers (by modifying
> and re-running the Python script that generates them).

We now have a machine with the MIPSpro 7.41 compiler. The C++ C headers are
available and the -I option shown above has to be omitted. I checked in a
couple of very minor changes which allowed me successfully build and use the
Boost.Python library. Therefore I am thinking that it should be fairly easy to
get most of boost working. Note that the compiler uses the EDG245 front-end
which is reasonably recent and known to work very well in general.
Ralf