From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-16 02:29:56

On 11/13/03 8:00 AM, "John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I've placed a revised version of this document at:
>
> http://freespace.virgin.net/boost.regex/library-guidelines.html
>
> I've added a new section on writing library-build Jamfiles to go after the
> existing text, as well as the suggested changes (thanks).
>
> So the question now is where should this end up?

It could go into the "more" section.

The fundamental issue with separately-compiled libraries isn't
Boost-specific. Any code added to a project that was not compiled within
the project has this problem. Shouldn't the users know these issues
already? (i.e. You may be overstating the need for Boost to solve the
problem. In fact, we may be giving users a false sense of security by
providing any form of build assistance.) You could mention in-project
building of (most of) the Boost source files as an alternative.

Daryle