From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-18 09:31:17

Hi Pavol,

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Pavol Droba wrote:
droba> Hi,
droba>
droba> I have recently discovered the specification of the collection
droba> concept in the boost repository.
droba> (boost/libs/utility/Collection.html) I found it very interesting in
droba> connection to string_algo library and especially container_traits.

I'm glad you found it useful!

droba> It almost precisely models the concept which is widely used there,
droba> but has not been specified to concrete details yet. However it was
droba> requested during the review as a very important.
droba>
droba> The required concept should reflect the properties provided by
droba> container_traits. Collection is almost perfect, but there is one
droba> thing, that is problematic.
droba>
droba> There are important data types supported by container_traits, that
droba> cannot provide swap() functionality. Therefore I would need to
droba> remove swap from collection specification to use it.
droba>
droba> My questions are:
droba> 1. Is there a plan to add Collection concept to the ConceptCheck library?

Do I hear a volunteer? ;)

droba> 2. Is the "swap" requirement so important, that it eventualy
droba> couldn't be relaxed?

Yeah, relaxing it makes sense... probably the thing to do is remove the
swap req from Collection, and then have another concept called Swappable
Collection.

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek http://php.indiana.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Student, Indiana Univ. B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) office phone: (812) 856-1820