From: Sam Partington (sam.partington_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-25 12:31:43

Douglas Paul Gregor <mailto:gregod_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Sam Partington wrote:
>> I've been playing with the idea of selecting from either
>> implementation as suitable :
> [snip]
>> template<class T, class B = ::boost::detail::empty_base> class
>> the_bool_testable : public select_bool_impl<safe_bool<T, B>,
>> bool_testable<T, B>,
>> boost::is_convertible<T,
>> int>::value
>> >

> This can't work, because it's impossible for the type T to be
> defined, so is_convertible<T, int> won't give a meaningful result.

I rather suspected as much. To be honest I was rather surprised it
compiled. Is there no way we can work out whether the user provides a user
defined integral conversion operator at that stage? I guess not.

In that case could we make the implementation decision as a policy. It
could default to safe-bool, if that is peoples preference.

Perhaps this is making things too complicated, but I want to make sure we've
explored all possibilities before a decision is made.

Sam

******************
This e-mail has been sent from Imagination Technologies Limited. PowerVR, Metagence, Ensigma
and PURE Digital are divisions of Imagination Technologies Limited.

The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachment, is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s) and access to this e-mail by
anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or
distribution or use of the information contained in this e-mail, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and then
delete it from your system.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure, error or virus-free. The sender does
not accept liability for any errors or omissions which arise as a result.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the author, except where the author specifies and,
with authority, states them to be the views of Imagination Technologies Ltd.