From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-26 00:37:32

"Paul A. Bristow" <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> PS For me, implicit conversions are usually a bad idea: quick but dirty.

Just for you Paul I am now in process of implementing a range of options
including
1) allow conversions without warnings
2) provide warnings on conversions including ctors and maths
3) make conversion ctor explicit
4) disallow any math except on physical_quantities of same units
5) All or none of the above

Together with the dimensional analysis checking, (which cant be turned off
by a switch )
there should be enough bits to tinker with.

Things to do are to implement some proper tests and fill in some major
points in the documentation with a broad brush
I can then hopefully release it with some BIG warnings that this is nice
new, hence probably bug riddled code.

As I have been banging on about this for some time, I have decided I had
better set a deadline.
So whatever state its in I will do my level best to release on boost, by
saturday evening version 1.00.00

The docs wont be finished, but as every developer knows ... its obvious to
everyone how my code works surely :-)
Seriously I expect to be finishing off the docs for some time to come.

And found a nice bug in VC7.1 which locks it solid... meanwhile gcc chugs
sedately on :-)
( OTOH VC7.1 nice one! :-) )

regards
Andy Little