From: Jesse Booher (jbooher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-26 11:12:21

I just discovered boost::mpl a couple of weeks ago and have been working to understand its operation and potential. I'm also eager to contribute to the mpl development if I can. I notice that there is, as yet, no sorting algorithms. Perhaps a good first step towards an efficient sort algorithm would be to introduce merge functionality analogous to stl::merge. To this end I was thinking of implementing a sequence view such as:

Synopsis

template<
      typename Sequence1
    , typename Sequence2
    , typename Pred = less<_,_>

struct merge_view
{
    // unspecified
};

Description
merge_view is a two-sequence view that allows one to operate on a merged sequence of elements of sequences Sequence1 and Sequence2 without actually creating one. If Sequence1 and Sequence2 are both sorted sequences (by Pred) then the resulting view will be sorted.

I am interested in getting opinions from the development community on this idea.

Jesse Booher