From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-02 14:02:27

From: "Fernando Cacciola" <fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden]>

> What I have in my pocket which worked pretty well for me is:
>
> advanced(it,size)
>
> notice the 'd' in advanceD, and the fact that size can be
> either possitive or negative

I've seen you mention this elsewhere, but I don't get it. Adding
the "d" makes the past tense of the verb, so when you call the
function, it will have already advanced the iterator, leaving me
to wonder what the call actually does. IOW, how does temporal
mechanics fit with advancing by some number of steps? ;-) (My
point is that adding the "d" doesn't connote advancing by some
number of steps.)