From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-03 15:07:13

Sometime between October 17th and 20th the Date-Time library started
failing for the Metrowerks compiler. See error message below. Note that the
supposedly undefined identifier doesn't appear in the function (or even the
file).

There were changes made to the library on the 19th, but they seem to be
unrelated. The particular file the error is reported in did not change.

Jeff Garland and I have independently tried to figure out what the problem
is, but without luck. Without at least some idea of what the problem is, a
workaround isn't possible.

Unless someone else comes up with a workaround, we don't seem to have much
choice but to wait for Metrowerk's next compiler version and hope that
fixes the problem. Thus the pending Boost release will have a regression
for the Date-Time library.

--Beman

### mwcc Compiler:
# In: ..\boost\date_time\gregorian_calendar.ipp
# From: ..\libs\date_time\src\gregorian\greg_month.cpp
# -------------------------------------------------------
# 187: case 4:
# Error: ^
# undefined identifier 'tolower'

Errors caused tool to abort.

     mwcc -maxerrors 5 -maxwarnings 20 -c -warn on,nounusedexpr,nounused
-cwd include -DBOOST_DATE_TIME_POSIX_TIME_STD_CONFIG
-DBOOST_DATE_TIME_STATIC_LINK -DNOMINMAX -nowraplines -lang c++ -g -O0
-inline off -prefix UseDLLPrefix.h -runtime dmd -iso_templates on
-iso_templates on -iso_templates
on -I"d:\boost-regr\bin\boost\libs\date_time\build" -I-
-I"C:\boost\site" -o
"d:\boost-regr\bin\boost\libs\date_time\build\libboost_date_time.lib\cwpro8\debug\greg_month.obj"
"C:\boost\site\libs\date_time\build\../src/gregorian/greg_month.cpp"