From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-04 06:04:40

The docs describing serialization of base classes contain:
{
    // invoke serialization of the base class
    ar & boost::serialization::base_object(*this);
    // save/load class member variables
    ar & member1;
    ar & member2;
}

This can't be right, the name of base class should somehow be communicated to
'base_object'. In fact, looking at the code reveals that base_object has two
template parameters.

BTW, is there any way to check that base object is serialized. It would be
nice if there were no way to bypass calling base' serilize, just like it is
with constructors. I must admin I cannot think of any way how it can be done.

- Volodya