From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-05 07:06:28

> I see this has been brought up time after time,
> however, I think this is a very valuable feature.
> Microsoft's .NET regular expression object supports this
> and I find it very useful. I use a little tool called
> Expresso to test regular expression patterns, if you want
> to try some tests.
>
> It would be nice if the sub_match struct had a
> collection member, also accessible by an index operator
> ([]), that would normally be null, unless there were
> sub_match?s. Also, the existing cast operator for the
> string could be expanded to iterate through them.
>
> Is something like this in the works? Or maybe even
> already available?

No it's not available, and I've tended to resist this in the past mainly on
efficiency grounds - however having had a quick look at the source I think
it can be added fairly easily - let me experiment a little and I'll see how
it works out. However, with the next release due real soon now, I can't
promise that this will be in boost.1.31.0.

John.