From: Jim Apple (japple_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-13 02:30:07

David Abrahams wrote:
> Does the literature have a clear meaning for "implicit"?

I don't think so. Memoization appears as an afterthought in most of the
  introductions I've seen. I'm not sure why; perhaps aesthetics or
efficiency.

> You say that like it's a *bad* thing. Lazy is good ;-)

There are those whou would disagree with you. I am not one of them!

> BTW, is it threadsafe?

I don't know, but I could imagine problems if two threads insert points
on the memo. I suppose there could be locking, or some sort of merge,
but I should either think about it, get advice from someone more
knowledgable, or pawn this task off. Probably all three.

Jim