From: David Bergman (davidb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-13 00:31:59

Patrick wrote:

> > Surprised you didn't try to port it to MC++. It might have
> been easier.
>
> But much less portable. With C#, people at least have a few
> compiler and runtime options. Beyond that, C#-based
> assemblies can actually be used on multiple platforms unlike
> those compiled from MC++.

Hmm, I do not quite understand that (having worked extensively with both
MC++ and C#)

Is not MSVC 7.1 (part of the VS.NET 2003 for you MS lovers out there)
capable of producing verifiable MSIL using C++? So, what would the obstacles
be on different platforms (such as Mono and .NET Compact Framework)?

/David