From: Misha Bergal (mbergal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-15 04:56:34

Douglas Paul Gregor <gregod_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> What's still holding up the 1.31.0 release? The regression tests are
> looking reasonably good.

I think the good thing would be to release when everything is "green"
(passes or expected failure) or "gray" (unusable on toolset library)
on selected toolsets. For that we would have to:

* define what those selected toolsets are. (for sure it is vc7.1,
  cwpro8, msvc, gcc-??? - what else?)

* agree on naming convention for them (http://tinyurl.com/x72s). I do
  believe that is necessary to distinguish between different compiler
  versions/environments.

* markup the unusable toolsets/libs combinations.

* markup the failures which cannot be fixed due to compiler bugs etc.

* try to fix the rest of what got/is broken. If this is not possible,
  leave them failing, and try to fix them in maintenance release,
  along with support for more compilers (like Intel 8.0 - 8.0.1 by
  that time?)

> Ideally I'd like to see format, quaternion, and
> octonion doing better, but I'm not sure if that'll happen. What else?

We've got a significant number of libs failing (see
http://tinyurl.com/jvyc), altough some of the failures might be causes
by my incorrect markup specs (I had to retype Beman's markup). I will
re-check it tomorrow.

--
Misha Bergal
MetaCommunications Engineering