From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-17 07:21:29

Michael Glassford wrote:

> I did get them and will look at them more closely when I get the chance.
> Along with you and several others, I too would be interested in a
> statically linked version of Boost.Thread (even if that requires
> eliminating some features in the statically linked version), so I am
> quite interested in looking at your suggestion about this.

I would be worth searching the archives for this, as it was discussed
numerous times, at length IIRC, by Bill and others as to why this
shouldn't be done.

If it is just to do with TLS, then, as you suggest, these features could
be removed from the static version (I build it statically myself, and
only use thread, condition and mutex) but I would be careful about this
move because there have obviously been very good reasons for not doing
it so far.

Thanks

Russell