From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-17 23:21:33

Reece Dunn" <msclrhd_at_[hidden]> wrote

> [1] Is there a demand for input support of complex/sequential data types
> from a stream?

Yes. Please check out Thorsten Ottosen's initialisation library - maybe it
already does what you intend.

> [2] What are peoples views on my implementation? Should I continue?
>
> Aside from this addiion, do people feel that my library is ready for
review.
> I intend to produce tutorials to compliment the documentation, but apart
> from that, is there anything lacking?

1. The documentation should provide few well commented examples in form
    "problem ==>> solution via library"

    Separation of documentation to introductory tutorial and
reference/advanced
    topics may be considered.

    Description of of methods should contain info about exceptions thrown,
   preconditions and postconditions.

   The text of code snippets may be syntax highlighted.

2. The headers may include

#if (defined _MSC_VER) && (_MSC_VER >= 1200)
# pragma once
#endif

   on the top. This may shorten compilation time for VC and Intel C++ users.

3. Macros should not contain double underscores like
   BOOST__IOFM__FORMATTER__HPP.

4. throw() specifiers are usually not recommended.

5. Names as RT2 should not be used as they may clash with preprocessor.

6. Code style is rather unusual and takes a while to get used to it. Maybe
    the code could be passed through HTML colorizer and links put into docs.

7. Some code may use boost:;call_traits<T>::param_type optimisation, e.g.
    parameter 'last in as list_output::operator() .

/Pavel