From: Stefan Slapeta (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-19 09:24:10

Matthias Troyer wrote:

// Dear Boosters,
//
// In trying to get our boost-based codes to compile with Intel C++ version
// 8 I realized one important restriction of that compiler with anonymous
// namespaces (used in boost for the placeholder symbols _1, _2,... ). With
// Intel C++ version 8 these anonymous namespace symbols give multiple
// definition errors at link time if they occur in two different object
// files with the same name (even if one of these object files is part of a
// static library (.a file). The only solution I could find is to rename
// all my source files that clashed with file names inside libraries. Does
// anybody know a better workaround?
//

This problem seems to be linux specific. There are no such troubles with
the Windows version of the compiler.

br,

Stefan