From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-23 07:44:36

AlisdairM <alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> wrote in
>
>> I hope Alisdair won't mind me forwarding this one, but I'm really
>> beginning to wonder where SCO are going next, BTW isn't there some
>> clause in ISO standards that prevents retrospective claims on
>> standardised interfaces (or does that apply to patents only)?

> As we're in a more public forum, I'll add that I always take Register
> stories with a pinch of salt, so I'd certainly like confirmation from a
> closer source. I have no idea what the specific claims on ctype.h etc.
> are, simply that they appear to be mentioned by name.

And, as we're in a more public forum, I'd appreciate it if this thing
which is taken with a pinch of salt and then exaggerate doesn't spin
completely out-of-control. Alarming subject lines, even if
subsequently retracted, tend to have negative consequences
(http://tinyurl.com/33dgt). This is not aimed at anyone in
particular; I realize it was John who re-posted your message.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting